Sunday, November 15, 2009

Plum gin gets the thumbs up

It was very windy and quite wet yesterday so not a good day for gardening. So, I spent the day doing stuff around the house including making mincemeat for the festive season and bottling up my plum gin which had been in the making for the required 3 months. My word, the plum gin is good! Nipped round to my neighbour's to try it with her. It was a hit. It tastes deceptively non-alcoholic which can only mean trouble.

It was drier and less windy today so I nipped over to the plot for an hour in the afternoon. I had lots of kitchen scraps and lawn mowings to take over. While there, I quickly dug over Bed 5 where the green manure was growing. The soil felt easy-going and I was impressed by the lack of weeds there. The green manure is a hit too then.

Fingers crossed for a clear weather window for next weekend...

2 comments:

Shaheen said...

FlowerPowerGirl,
The plum gin sounds lovely. I didn't think of making it, as I was hoping to find some sloes for sloe gin, but no luck. Maybe next year.

I think you are being optimistic for good weather next weekend, but I keep my fingers crossed for the both of us.

FlowerPowerGirl said...

Thanks, mangocheeks. Yes, after posting that comment I saw the Countryfile forecast and it doesn't look good for next weekend, does it? More time in the kitchen maybe. Have a good week.