Sunday, December 28, 2008

Digging over Bed 3

I headed over to the plot for a dig today. There are several beds that need tidying up but Bed 3 was selected as today's focus. See its poor state below.



Just as I put the fork into the ground, a new allotmenteer entered the site. As he passed by Plot 35, we engaged hellos and introductions. He has just taken on Plot 21 and was on his way to have a bonfire. We had a nice chat and he commented on both types of artichoke on my plot. He likes the Jerusalems but is not so keen on the Globes. I think it was just us two on the site at the time. It was a chilly but sunny day.

I got back to Bed 3 and found that the soil had just about dried out enough for digging. A marked improvement on the last couple of weeks. Some of the small cabbages in the bed have been nibbled by something so I decided to leave them there for a while.



A couple of hours later, Bed 3 was dug over and looked much improved. I tried to take piccies to record my effort but the battery on my camera ran out (I'd only just charged it so time for a new battery methinks).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome & delicious parsnips for Christmas Day lunch.
Not forgetting the roast potatoes, home grown horseradish, the royally appointed goose & all the trimmings.

Thank you, Zoe

from One of The Lovely People