Sunday, December 14, 2008

Her indoors

...that's me that is.

No allotmenting yesterday because it mostly rained. Today, it was a drier but I stayed indoors with the lurgie.

Nothing regarding the plot to report this weekend unfortunately. It might be a good time to report on the spuds I have ordered for next season. I ordered the following from the Organic Gardening Catalogue:

- Amorosa (1.5kg, First Early, Organic, New variety with long, oval tubers and moderate resistance to tuber blight, scab and lead roll virus).

- Remarka (3kg, Early Maincrop, Organic, Large tubers, which can be left in the ground for longer for really big spuds, with good all-round disease resistance).

- Anya (2kg, Early Maincrop, Long, waxy tubers with high resistance to scab and moderate resistance to blight and slugs).

Once I receive the spuds, I'll be giving some to the future in-laws for their new veg patch and some to a colleague at work (who may, fingers crossed, be getting a full-sized allotment soon).

To the same order, I added a pack of Lady Godiva squash seeds. These have shell-less seeds which can be eaten raw or roasted. I like the sound of that. On top of that, I ordered a sprouting jar and starter pack. So there will be something healthy to eat over Christmas (other than the nice Jerusalem artichokes and parnsips from the plot).

Assuming I'll be fighting fit again next weekend, I may get to do some gardening between bouts of cooking in our new kitchen which is being fitted later in the week. Can't wait.

Now, I'm off to Bedfordshire (that's bed for those who haven't seen Bridget Jones).

No comments: