Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Snow? What snow?

Well, I missed all the snow. I was in the Scottish Highlands where the weather was lovely.

Just a brief update on the January sowings. The onions are all now growing but out of the two types, the Rossa Di Toscana (red ones) germinated much faster than the Tonda Muscona (white ones). See the piccie below for the situation on Jan 30th (the pot in the middle contains the slower Tonda Muscona while the seedlings either side are Rossa Di Toscana.



It wasn't just down to the light conditions or temperature. The Tonda Muscona which were downstairs at facing East germinated at the same time as the Tonda Muscona upstairs facing West. All the Rossa Di Toscana were upstairs facing West. Our cat did try to encourage them though.



On my return today, the Tonda Muscona have made an appearance.

Out of the 8 sweet peas I sowed, only 3 have come through (see below). I'll sow some more soon.



I'll be able to go over to the plot tomorrow. I should plant up some Jerusalem artichoke tubers. Goodness knows where on the plot. I might even start on the brambles...

No comments: