Monday, December 21, 2009

Leaving it a bit late?

Today, I came across the packages of seed garlic I received a while ago. I figure those should go in the plot asap. That's one of tomorrow's jobs sorted (there is also harvesting to do - parsnips, Jerusalem artichokes, chard, cabbage). There are 10 varieties in all - I fancied trying a few just to see. Fingers crossed that the ground isn't too hard.

Today, I tidied up the shed and lean-to at home a little bit and sowed some onion seeds. It is a bit early but I wanted to celebrate Midwinters Day somehow. Plus, I found some Christmas crackers in the shed so that was a bonus. I also got round to repotting the lemon and lime plants, bringing the lime into the house and putting the lemon in the lean-to to overwinter.

2 comments:

Shaheen said...

I haven't got round to planting garlic this year; so you should get your skates on. Fingers crossed the ground is not too hard for your tomorrow.

I didn't get to the allotment yesterday as it was snowing quite heavy. As I am working the early shift, perhaps I will get a chance to go in after work tomorrow and pick some sprouts.

Wishing you a Happy Christmas FlowerPowerGirl.

FlowerPowerGirl said...

Oooo, I hope you do get the chance to pick some lovely sprouts after work. My sprouts have been poor this year - a bit blown. I hope they will be ok though once sauted with butter and chestnuts. I will try harder next year ;-)

And a very Merry Christmas to you, mangocheeks.