Sunday, October 12, 2008

This weekend, I only had chance to pop over for a couple of hours late in the afternoon today. Weatherwise, it has been fantastic - blue skies with light cloud. It was quite warm today. The soil looks quite dry in places so I should water it all when I next go round if it doesn't rain in the week. I only watered the leeks today after scattering some fertiliser around them.

I also did a bit of digging today. I had been growing some potatoes and other things in a bed of my next door neighbour's plot. After removing the potatoes a few weeks ago, I had neglected it and it had got covered in weeds. I felt a bit guilty and my neighbour will hopefully be back any day now so it was something I had to get on with before tending to my own plot.

Talking of my plot, there is a lot to do. The courgettes look well past it now so I need to remove these at the weekend. I could probably clear that whole bed as the sweetcorn and squashes seem to be past it too. I also need to dig up the remaining potatoes.

In the meantime, I'll be poring over the seed catalogues.

No comments: