Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Brrrrrr!

Warmer than Antarctica (those of you who were listening to Radio 4 just before 1800 will know what I am talking about)?

It was about -5.5 when I left for work at 0700 this morning. The snow from the early hours of yesterday morning remained. Even colder than the weekend. I quickly checked the seed potatoes in the lean-to an hour ago expecting them to be frozen solid. They seemed fine. Even the parsley plants I placed next to them from the mini-greenhouse had thawed out. Not bad. It was sunny today which probably helped.

I did a spot of seed swapping with a colleague at work today. We got some strange looks in the tea room. I have come away with some white borage (very pretty purple/pink seeds), pak choi and gerbera. Nice one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let's not forget, it is summer here in Antarctica... ;-)

A x