Sunday, January 18, 2009

Exploding cat!

Both days this weekend have started off lovely and sunny. Yesterday went all windy and wet though. Not sure what the rest of today will bring but it is still sunny now.

Yesterday afternoon I sowed some onion seeds (with some "assistance" from a neighbour's cat - I suppose firming down the compost in trays with one's paws is a useful thing to do, making sure the seed really is in contact with the compost). The seeds are now sitting on windowsills.

I had some lovely friends staying over and we popped over to the plot for a brief inspection. Sadly, the clay cat that was guarding the plot and featured on the top of the blog page seems to have exploded with the frost. We found it in bits. A sad find for me. I might try to fix it next weekend if I can. Some heavy tarpaulin from next door's plot had been blown over to my plot which shows just how windy it was yesterday.

Far too wet for digging so I'll have to keep waiting and focusing on indoor gardening activities.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! NOT an exploding cat.:-( And he looked so cosy by the Plot 35 sign. Well I think you should have our robust hedgehog who survived moving to Cornwall from Salisbury and then up here to Portishead. He is living in the cupboard at the top of the stairs & although he likes hibernating he feels it has gone too far to spend a whole year in the dark.