Saturday, March 27, 2010

Back on track

The last couple of weeks have been light on the gardening front with lovely visitors coming to stay and a cold knocking me a little bit. I'm now back onto it though. I have managed to get the spuds in (8 rows of 10 or so) where Beds 5 and 7 have been combined. Today, I planted out some sweet peas in the garden, potted up chillies, tomatoes and rhubarb (the aubergine and peppers which finally made an appearance need another week methinks) and sowed some kale, cauliflower, perpetual spinach, oregano, cabbages, Brussels sprouts, nasturtiums, poached egg plants and sunflowers. The flower seeds area bit out-of-date so they may not come to anything. Still, you've got to be in it to win it.

Over to Plot 35 tomorrow...

3 comments:

Jo said...

Hope you're feeling better, you've still been busy though. I went to the allotment today but it was really wet after yesterday's rain, so after doing a few jobs I came back home again and did some seed sowing.

FlowerPowerGirl said...

Thanks, Jo. Am feeling right as rain now. I hope things on your allotment are a bit drier tomorrow.

Sue Garrett said...

NO plotting for us either this week as we were about 200 miles away from our plot!