Sunday, March 7, 2010

Photo meme

I was asked by fellow plotter mangocheeks, of Allotment2Kitchen, to pick a photo meme. This was a while ago and I have been struggling to find one ever since. Sorry about that. Nice idea though. Ideally, I'd have found one of me as a kid with my paternal Grandfather which whom I spent many a happy hour in his greenhouse taking in the scent of the tomatoes and making mud pies. He grew amazing leeks which were cooked in lashings of butter. The scents of tomato plants and freshly cut leeks are probably my two favourites and I think I always knew even from very young that I'd have an allotment, just like my Grandad did, when I grew up. Unfortunately, I don't think I have any photos of all that. I found the following photo which I like:



This is me a few years ago pottering around in our back garden. Our two cats were always "helping" me whenever I was pottering. I just like the fact that this photo captures them looking a bit like trouble. Sadly, the one on the left is no longer with us. The one on the right still likes to "help" though. I think this just captures how chaotic my gardening normally is.

3 comments:

Shaheen said...

Worth the wait FlowerPowerGirl.
Thank you so much for sharing the photo of you which gives us a little glimpse of you and your cats (though one is no longer with you); and Thank you so, so much for sharing your memories, which cannot be captured with a camera, only a heart. Thank you so much for sharing.

Jo said...

I also have memories of myself in my paternal grandfather's greenhouse surrounded by tomato plants. He had an allotment, but gave it up before I was born. Everything he grew then was in his garden. It's so lovely to have these memories. What a lovely photo of you with your cats. Such a shame that one is no longer here, but again, we always have our memories.

FlowerPowerGirl said...

Thank you so much, mangocheeks. Sorry again for taking so long.

And thank you for your comment about memories, Jo.

I hope you both had good weekends gardening.

The cat on the right in the photo seems to think that Spring has finally arrived because she now spends her mornings basking in the sun in our garden. She is the one who can be seen breaking my coldframe in previous blog photos.