Sunday, June 4, 2023

BBQ harvest

Some rushed gardening this weekend.  Yesterday evening, I moved the 3 unnamed plants in the back garden bed - to the back and 1 out completely.  This provided more space for the Rudbeckia and some Cornflowers.  I put 2 of the remaining Tomato plants at the back, with some French Marigolds to keep them company.

As the light was going, I quickly re-sowed Runner, Borlotti and Climbing French Beans. 

Today, it was pretty warm.  I spent just under 2 hours at the plot.  I planted out the Celery and Celeriac in the same spot in Bed 3 that the Borlotti Beans went in.  Some the latter had bent over so they were pulled out.  

I also planted out the solitary Brussels Sprouts plant in Bed 2 along with the Kalettes and Kale.  It doesn’t look like the the Cauliflower has survived so I planted the 4 Romanesco plants in their place in Bed 1.  

The Sweetcorn looks fairly well-established and I had to tie in the Cucumber planted last week as it seems to have grown well since.  Before leaving, I harvested some Spinach, Lettuce and Radish for a BBQ salad for later.  

At home, I harvested the Potatoes from 2 of the pots and turned those into a potato salad.  And I picked the first Sweet Peas - 2 stray April in Paris from last year.  


No comments: