Saturday, May 17, 2008

The morning session...

Back home for a spot of lunch but I've already made some progress today. On arriving at the plot I was very surprised to see some pods growing on a few of the broad bean plants. I wasn't expecting to see them quite yet. It was only last week that I picked out some of the growing tips. I didn't realise the energy would be diverted to pod growing quite so quickly.

I planted the main crop potatoes - some towards the bottom on my plot and the Pink Fir Apples on the plot next door. The soil in the latter plot was so friable that I almost planted them just with my hands.

4 out of 5 of the Jerusalem Artichokes I planted back in February have emerged so I weeded round them. Not sure whether the fifth one is shy or dead. The rest of the session was spent trimming some of the long grass on the paths.

BTW, a couple of the achochas have germinated outside.

Now, to remove the volunteer potatoes...

No comments: