Sunday, September 28, 2008

Just a little potter

I went over to the plot yesterday after a 2 week break from it. It was lovely and sunny after mid-morning once the fogginess had gone. There were only three of us over there on the lower end of the site. I was surprised.

I was greeted by some more courgettes so I picked them. I removed some big weeds from the two sisters patch while I was there. There are a few cobs of sweetcorn growing but I will wait for a bit longer before harvesting them because they are a bit small.

There is some salad almost ready for picking in one of the raised beds. The Little Gem lettuces need to be thinned next week though. I think that the weather is due to get a little colder in the next few weeks so I should cover the beds with glass asap.

I look forward to more time over there next weekend. I plan to dig up the strawberry plants and bring them home to a couple of large pots. That should keep them safe from the thieves next year...

No comments: