Monday, September 15, 2008

Robin' the worms

I did focus on the garden yesterday so didn't go to the plot. There was lots of tidying up to do including the tomatoes which are getting very bushy but not very ripe. I have removed a couple of the most mature vines to ripen in the kitchen. A couple of the plants which were obviously planted out too late for fruiting (I was pushing it after all) were removed to make some space for the others giving it a go.

While the tidying and hoeing was going on, the cat slept. She often 'helps' but was clearly not in the mood. However, I did have another little helper (see piccie below).



Before packing the tools away, I did sow some seeds in recently vacated pots on the patio. I sowed onions (Hi Keeper F1 Hybrid), Mispoona (the last lot have been munched I think), Herby Salad Leaf Mixed and Spicy Mixed Salad Leaves. There were only about 10 onion seeds but I have plenty of others to sow in January.

No comments: