Sunday, August 24, 2008

Knowing my limits

Well, I had a go at putting together a frame for a small raised bed. As you can see from the piccie below, it is possibly the worst example of workmanship ever (the piccie shows its good side).



On the plus side, it is still standing after an hour and it seems to be a rectangle. On the minus side, I couldn't get all of the screws in properly so lots of them are sticking half way out. I might ask my partner nicely to sort these out once the thing is solid in the ground. For future reference, sawing the wood = easy, screwing together with a drill = challenging. It is a 2xFlowerPowerGirl job. I know that now.

I am not sure how I am going to get it over to the plot as it won't fit in my car. I might just have to carry it over though I'll look pretty stupid doing it.

In an effort to cheer myself up, I sowed some seeds. I sowed some basil and coriander in pots for the windowsill. And I sowed some parsley and Savoy cabbage for the mini-greenhouse.

I only popped over to the plot very quickly this morning. I saw a Summer Squash that needs picking. The cauliflowers I planted last week seem to be surviving ok. I might harvest one of the cabbages even though it is quite small. Just to try it.

No comments: