Sunday, August 3, 2008

Taking it easy

I didn't get up to much today. I didn't go round to the plot but concentrated on thining out the cauliflowers and chard that I planted a few weeks ago. I have about 30 cauliflowers and 10 chard so I'll be giving some away when they are strong enough to plant out. I also sowed some Mispoona, rocket and spinach in pots on the patio.

It rained hard for a few minutes around noon so there was no need to rush round to the plot to water everything. There'll be a chance to catch up later in the week though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had the courgettes with pasta & parmesan as you suggested. Delicious. The next day we had courgette salad - lemon, basil & oil added - delicious. Later in the week I cooked the marrow with lemon & basil as suggested by Nigel Slater. Well he used courgettes but I thought the principle was the same & of course it was a bit like the salad recipe but hot! Yum & thanks, Zoe.