Sunday, July 19, 2009

Broken through 1000 visits

Hurrah! Over 1000 visits now.

I didn't make it to the plot today. I had some very lovely friends over for lunch (which included salad potatoes, broad beans and marrow from the allotment) and when I was about to leave the house afterwards to visit the allotment, the heavens opened. It brightened up later in the evening so I did partake of some potting up and seed sowing in the garden.

I potted up the chard and brassicas that had been sitting in trays and sowed some parsley and sorrel. A bit late for sorrel according to the packet but I'd really like to try some. I then stripped back the Garden Pearl tomatoes, just like I did yesterday with the plants on the plot in Bed 7. I staked them up with bamboo canes too. I will give them a feed shortly. While my hands were dirty, I pulled up the lemongrass clump that has been growing not that successfully in a pot on the patio. Some very thin foliage and very little happening underneath the soil. I stripped back some dead bits and divided the clump into 4 pieces. I potted each piece up and have put these in the lean-to. I'll see what happens. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I hope to visit the plot after work tomorrow to do a bit of hoeing. Might have a courgette to harvest from Bed 9 too.

5 comments:

Shaheen said...

Congratulations.
Even though the blog was started as a hobby, it is nice to know that someone is reading.

Ian said...

Hi FlowerPowerGirl,

I really like your blog and would like to feature it in an article I'm working on.

Is there an email address I can contact you on to share the details with you?

Cheers

Ian

FlowerPowerGirl said...

Many thanks, mangocheeks! Are you planning any gardening this weekend? What is the forecast like for you over the Border?

FlowerPowerGirl said...

Many thanks, Ian, for featuring this blog on yours. You've uncovered lots of great blogs and sites. Thank you.

Shaheen said...

Hi FlowerPowerGirl,
Yes, I spent 8 hours yesterday. I've decided to give the allotment a miss today as it is raining, and instead take a drive out to the coast. Nuts, I know as it's raining, but there is a scarecrow festival on this week in the West Coat, so I want to see if I can get to see it, even in the rain!