Sunday, July 12, 2009

I spent a good few hours at the plot today. It started off cloudy and a bit grey this morning but it got sunny at around 1130ish. It turned into a warm day. As the soil was a bit damp, hand-weeding was easy-peasy.

I got loads done. I weeded Beds 1, 2, 3, 5 and 7, along with bits of Bed 6 and 9. See piccies below:

Bed 1



Bed 2



Bed 3



Bed 5



Bed 7



I'd planted chard and brassicas in there after thinking that the fennel didn't germinate but 3 fennel plants have come through.

The globa artichoke plants are still producing like mad...



Below is a piccie of one of the cucumber plants that has started fruiting.



I harvested a handful of beetroot and lots of Anya potatoes, plus my first courgette of the year.

For tea, I thought I'd make something summery with some globe artichokes, broad beans and the courgette. And some pesto I knocked up earlier in the day between gardening sessions. I ended up with the following pasta dish...

1 comment:

VIC said...

luvly! I got two ponds and one veggie garden to attain to.