Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Clearing bugs

It was quite hot today though I was indoors all day. Nipped over to the plot for an hour this evening to check on the brassicas (again!) and it was lovely to get some fresh air. I also took some Bug Clear over in an effort to get rid of some whitefly. Bumped in a couple of other plotters over there which was nice. The lady who swapped lettuce for plums with me at the weekend said that she liked my idea of using the plums for gin so has also made up a batch. Am I driving people to drink now?

More Cabbage White eggs on the cabbages and sprouts. I had 6 leftover brassica seedlings so I put them in the gaps. Might be a bit late now but you never know. The cabbages look to be starting to heart up now so perhaps I'll be harvesting those in a few weeks. I need to find some room at the weekend to plant out the cauliflower and purple sprouting seedlings that are in the lean-to. Busy busy busy :-)

1 comment:

Soilman said...

I'm impressed by your dedication to your brassicas! Sadly, they do take a lot of time and effort. I keep looking for the 'no-work' cabbage variety, but I fear it will never be invented...