Sunday, August 16, 2009

More marrows...

...from the Marrow Fairy. Managed to give one away to a neighbour.

Yesterday was a day for the Beer Festival which was very pleasant. Even tried some gooseberry wine. Also popped in on the local Flower and Veg Show where there were the largest cabbages I have even seen. Lots of prizes for fellow plotters on our site. Next year...(I said that before)

Went over to the plot today. It was sunny and warm with just a bit of cloud about. I started by digging over Bed 5, removing the tiny onions I as went. Must do better with them next year.

Then I cleared some brambles, nettles and bindweed from near the compost bins at the bottom of the plot. The brambles will need digging out properly sometime but a lot of the nettles came out by the roots when pulled. Still lots to do but it'll be a bit at a time.

No comments: