Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Have wellies...will travel...

Nipped over to the plot in my wellies for an hour this evening. Showers all day gave way to reasonable sunshine at about 1700 so after a couple of hours watching the clouds with some suspicion, I headed over.

I hand-weeded round the garlic and onions in Bed 5 before moving onto the beetroot. Lots of what I think is chickweed around, crowding the beetroot. I sprinkled some organic pellets near the marigolds and beetroot. Finally, I took a moment to enjoy the site of bees nipping in and out of the comfrey and broad bean flowers.

The nettle tea that has been brewing down the end of the plot now pongs to high heaven which, I guess, is the idea. I'll bottle some of that up at the weekend.

I went home with some radishes which I really need to use up and there are plenty more where that came from. Any ideas for using them up would be gratefully received...pickled radish anyone?

No comments: